Sunday, January 22

I lived in the city.

In the middle of the city.
There's this hill.
It's quiet.
It has the most perfect view.
There's a bench.
And you bring your own beer in a brown paper bag.
And you can watch the sun set to magnificent colours to your left.
And the city lights twinkle straight ahead.
There's people walking their dogs.
And I could just walk there.
Climb the hill.
And sit.
And feel an enourmous sense of not only belonging... but ownership.

Today we leave. I wonder if that sense of ownership will too?

2 comments:

  1. That's my city and I've never sat at that lovely spot and enjoyed my brown paper bag beer so I say... you own it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous pictures! good luck on your adventures out of the city!

    xo
    sami

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love receiving comments! *s*