Friday, January 20

Dear 8 years in Surry Hills,

I will miss you:
* Dasher the Wonderdog
* St Minas fruit and Veg
* Yullis (lets try somewhere different for a drink... naaahhhh)
* Coffee coffee coffee
* The Hipsters
* The laneways to explore
* Bumping into people on the street
* Feeling like I live in the centre of the World
* The bike lanes
* Cat Alley
* Bakers Bun Yes (screw you Bourke St Bakery!)

I won't miss you:
* The crazy loud neighbours
* People pouring out of The Clock at midnight every night
* The expensiveness
* The Hipsters
* The buses
* Renting
* Never feeling cool enough
* People Puking/pissing/defecating (no I'm not even joking or nuthin') on our back steps...

I can't actually believe its our last day being Sydney-siders. Wow. Just. holy fricken wow. Tim and I have been counting down for a while now, and the eyes... the look of "....wow" really lets us know that we're both feeling the same way.

Wow.


4 comments:

  1. Yikesamama! Times with you and Tim were a lovely highlight of my 3 years in Surry Hills. Such an amazing place to live, even with all its "quirks". I hope you find magic nooks, and friendly dogs, and great coffee in your new digs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was amazing but its time for a new adventure and i just know your going to have a wild one.. :) ox

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! You know the thing I DIDN'T miss the most? It was the defecating. I know EXACTLY what you are talking about...we had it in Darlo, Newtown and Camperdown. Onward!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love receiving comments! *s*