Wednesday, December 2

beautiful things of a different kind 5



This may seem like an odd one, but my local watering hole is awesome. Not only for their wicked music taste, not only for their knowledge of my coffee order, not only for their G&Ts that cheer me up after a long night at work... but because they are a small business with a conscience.
The owners only have local (eg. Sydney/NSW) beers, they are entirely vegetarian (this is a no brainer, if you want to help the environment don't eat meat - but perhaps I'll save that rant for another day), they buy from other small local businesses, they are looking into going solar, they recycle every thing they can (this is much harder than it should be for small businesses) and most recently they are looking into growing their own herbs on the roof (with a little help from my hubby and his compost heap - which has collected some of their food scraps).
It's so wonderful to find people who care about their impact in our big city. Kudos to Yullis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks, I love receiving comments! *s*