Monday, May 9

That cake, that gift...

 Pictures of the heart cake construction are here. I used Betty crocker vanilla cake and made a red velvet cake at home. I also cheated and used Betty Crocker icing. I was doing this after work and on a budget and this ended up being the cheapest and quickest way.
On our anniversary morning I whipped up a breakfast picnic (to be had on our bedroom floor!) and popped a letterpress number four on top of the cake. You should of seen his face (actually and mine) when he cut inside.
I should say that all credit for this awesome cake goes to the amazing (and slightly insane) I am Baker. You should most def check out her creations... I take no responsibility however for your wasted time pouring over her cakes though, or attempts at making them (this took me around 6 hours).

Oh and here is our gift to each other! A memento of our 'hood that we love. It's hanging in our stairwell for now, but we have just the spot in mind for it in our country cottage...

3 comments:

Thanks, I love receiving comments! *s*