Tuesday, April 6

I love you because...

Her: "The most important thing is love, ... I know that now. There's no point saving the world if it means losing the moon... thanks to you I've learned something that many women never learn: Prince charming really is a toad. And the beautiful princess has halitosis. The bottom line is that (a) people are never perfect, but love can be, (b) that is the one and only way that the mediocre and the vile can be transformed, and (c) doing that makes it that. Loving makes love. Loving makes itself. We waste time looking for the perfect lover instead of creating the perfect love."

Him: "Love is the ultimate outlaw. It just won't adhere to any rules. The most any of us can do is to sign on as its accomplice. Instead of vowing to honour and obey, maybe we should swear to aid and abet. that would mean that security is out of the question. The words 'make' and 'stay' become inappropriate. My love for you has no strings attahced. I love you for free."

From Still life with woodpecker, Tom Robbins 1980.
 
In my inbox today I received this.
I love you because:
you do a little lizard-tongue at me when you're feeling cute.
you go to the dentist because you care.
you think of making cupcakes/gifts/cards for people, and totally make their day .
when i'm near you my skin feels magnetically attracted to yours.
you deadhead rose bushes when you see them.
you love playing with a frisbee.
Image 1 of our Easter weekend.
I'm so sorry if this bottom image is yours: I have no idea where I got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks, I love receiving comments! *s*