Wednesday, July 15

Not a mummy blogger, clearly.

Blogging with a baby. How do you do it mummy bloggers???

Life has become a beautiful monotony broken up by visitors, and events.

Edwin Hawke chats away, blowing bubbles, bashing his dangling dino, eating his fill, filling his nappy. And I do loads of washing, loads of dishes and loads of staring.

I'm trying to be present.

In the midst of a flurry of guests and meal planning on Sunday afternoon I stopped and breathed.  In a beautiful short ceremony on the banks of the Murrumbidgee river, downstream of where Tim and I were married 8 years ago, we gave thanks for our baby. Parents, Grandparents, Godparents and baby were anointed. Edwin was passed through eucalypt smoke three times and had sacred indigenous ochre smudged on his head. A very special ritual gave me a brief moment of pause that I hadn't felt for some time. And on a rainy day in winter, the sun came out as the ceremony commenced, a kookaburra laughed and two juvenile magpies played above our heads. The minister was not the only one anointing us, but nature herself was present too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks, I love receiving comments! *s*