*Mushrooms chopped in half or quarters if they are bigger (I do about 10 small button mushrooms for the 2 of us - we don't have bacon to fill up on!)
* Massel veggie stock
* 20gs of butter (ish)
* 1 tablespoon of olive oil
* Small handful of parsley, finely chopped
* Pop half your butter and the oil in a saucepan on a low heat on the stove. Once the butter starts melting add the mushrooms and stir them around until the butter has fully melted, sprinkle in a flat teaspoon of veggie stock and a grind or two of pepper.
* Once the stock and butter has been stirred through all the mushrooms, pop the lid on the saucepan.
* Stir occasionally over 5 minutes until there is more liquid in the pot and mushrooms are browning slightly.
* Once the mushrooms are leaking a fair bit of juice (now doesn't that sound delightful!?) turn the stove up high, high, high and throw in the other half of the butter and the parsley, get it sizzling hot, stirring it around until all the juice has cooked off and they are smelling amazing.
* Serve alongside wholegrain toast, poached runny eggs, roasted tomtoms and a wedge of avocado. Accompany with a steaming hot cup of earl grey tea, and make sure you don't gotta be anywhere in a hurry.