This is a meal I throw together from time to time when we want something quick and low fuss. It's great for summer as its fine hot or cold. All the flavours in it are easily adjustable to your taste, and quantities variable depending on how many you are feeding too. The recipe below made 2 massive bowls of pasta.
* 1 largish zucchini, sliced into thin rounds (5mm tops!)
* Small punnet of cherry tomatoes (halved if they are big, otherwise whole)
* Pasta spirals
* Big bunch of parsley
* 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
* 3 tblsp extra virgin olive oil
* 1 small chilli, seeded and finely chopped
* Half a lemon
* Handful of rocket
* 250gs pasta spirals/bowties
* Handful of toasted flaked almonds
* salt & pepper
* Parmesen Cheese
* Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a fry pan and add your crushed garlic, chilli & zucchini. Pop your pasta to boil on the stove. I used spirals but this would be great with fettuccine as well.
* Sautee the zucchini for about 5 minutes until it starts going clear. Add the cherry tomtoms, roughly shredded parsley and salt and pepper.
* When the pasta is cooked, drain it and return it to its pot.
* When the zucchini is thoroughly cooked and the toms are getting all shiny add the contents to the pasta and mix it all in. Squeeze in the juice from your half lemon, throw in the rocket and toasted almonds and wind it all together gently. Add the extra dash of olive oil if it looks a little dry.
* Dish into bowls and serve with parmesen on top. Delish!