Thursday, August 19

Kale Chips

So I came home to a new box of vegies that had been delivered. My housemate had written down what they all were on a note on the fridge along with their weight etc (he's meticulous like that). I was bemused to find "spinach" and then "different spinach" written down. Upon closer inspection "different spinach" was Kale. The super food I keep on hearing about on the foodie blogs I follow. After opening night last night I thought my boy and I could do with some super food for breakfast so I gave these Kale Chips a go, and boy I was not disappointed. I may have used a little too much salt this time round, but it is an awesome way to make this thick, heavy, green delicious. Oil, salt and garlic.. it's good for everything (except possibly your heart)?! There's another recipe here.
 What you do:
Clean, tear and dry your kale. Toss with lemon juice, garlic, salt and oil. Bake at 160 for 7-10 minutes until crisp.
Yum.

Images from the lovely Smitten Kitchen. (Because I rarely pull the camera out a breakfast time)

1 comment:

  1. These look great! I think I could even get the kids to eat them if I described them as chips;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love receiving comments! *s*