Friday, November 20

love letters


We started packing up our room today. Which is exciting - because it's all part of getting ready for travel (we are letting our room out to cover some of our rent while we are gone.)
In the process of checking out what the contents of our suitcase collection was (to see if we could stow some stuff away in them) we got rather side tracked. Love notes, postcards, letters, important memories. I sighed. I have the best boyfriend ever. When he went over seas, while we were just dating, I received about 60 postcards in 4 months! Some lengthy, some just said three little words. All of them I awaited with great anticipation. It used to be that I couldn't walk in my front door without checking the letter box. Even on Sundays. Even when it was 1am.
Also found: a love letter from an 8 year old boy who I made great friends with when I was volunteering at an orphanage in South Africa. Despite the 10 year age gap, he was convinced he was going to marry me. It's funny to think that he's now a teenager and probably has a girlfriend! Aside from the one love letter a few weeks after I got home, I never heard from him again.
Letters from friends on very cool notepaper.. The orders of service to all the funerals I've ever been to(4) . Important memories, and a wonderful beginning to making new ones.



1. {via}
2. mine.

2 comments:

  1. How fabulous! I do that all the time! I love those lost and sidetracked hours reading and photo hopping through all those old stashed treasures of the past...all seem from a different world now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an excellent archivist.
    These suitcases are a treasure trove and I can imagine many smiles and wistful sighs emanated from reading all contained within them.

    A lovely post.

    xx Felicity

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love receiving comments! *s*