Friday, June 11

Perfect porridge

 It's actually cold. And no I don't want to hear from any of you Canadians or North Americans or Pommes. For Sydney it is cold, no one has central heating or woolen items conveniently lying around... like every year before it, winter pounces on us and takes us completely by suprise. To combat the morning chills there's nothing like porridge. Especially when you can so easily make it all gourmet and stuff.


Your usual porridge (for 2):
1 cup of rolled oats
1 cup of hot water
3/4 cup of milk


Plus...
While it's all cooking (on the stove - you dont make porridge in a microwave do you? I shall be forced to judge!) add:
Handful of sultanas.
Chopped up pear.
Generous teaspoon of cinnamon.
Large spoonful of honey/brown sugar.
 Stir it around till the porridge is thick

Then top it off...
With toasted almonds.
For some reason they complete it.


Serve with a large cup of earl grey tea and ugg boots.

Friday = food.

{via}

2 comments:

  1. Well that's breakfast sorted! Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophie

    I cannot remember how i stumbled upon your blog, but i remember thinking that i recognised you! We went to school (or maybe just sixth form) together but i don't think we ever spoke!

    Please can i say that i think your blog is beautiful. Its up there with colour me katie! I look forward to having a nosey at it! I really like your outlook on life and how positive you are. I think everybody, every week should do a 'things to be thankful for'. It is just so nice!

    I started a blog a while ago but never properly started it. I have just done my first post, so thought it was high time i said hello!

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love receiving comments! *s*