Thursday, March 25
Anyways yesterday me and my housey with some time to spare baked brownies. There was leftover chocolate in the fridge (weird huh?!) and we both had the urge!
I follwed Nigella Lawson most of the way.
225g dark chocolate
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
200g caster sugar (I reckon this is too much sugar but I havn't had a chance to try with a smaller amount yet - I'd attempt to cut it down to 150gs and use a bit more almond instead)
3 eggs, beaten
150g ground almonds
100g chopped walnuts. If you are using mini patty pans chop them real small - no more than .5cm square
2 teaspoons nutmeg (our magic addition!)
* Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas mark 3. Melt the chocolate and butter gently over a low heat in a heavy-based saucepan.
* Take the pan off the heat, mix in the vanilla and sugar, and let it cool a little.
* Beat the eggs into the pan along with the ground almonds and chopped walnuts and nutmeg. Whisk it up so it gets lots of air and although runny is kinda fluffy.
* Now the messy bit: spoon the mix into your muffin pans. They don't rise much, but leave about 0.5cm from the top edge. If you make mini ones you'll get about 50 out of this mix.
* Bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes, by which time the top will have set but the mixture will still be gooey.
* Resist putting them in your mouth straight away coz they'll burn you!