Monday, September 28

work

Since I've had this particular play at my work, I've had a lot of people coming to watch it from the follow spot booth. Now I've done this with other shows before, usually about 2 or 3 times depending on the show. But with this particular show I've had a person or people in for more shows than not. It's a very popular play and it's sold out so it stands to reason. But it's funny having all these aquaintances (and friends too) coming into my little work haven. I'm normally so alone up in my "office" in the roof. Tonight I have a couple from my church who I see, well, once a week for 2 hours, and here they are seeing where I work! A place my parents only saw for the first time last week!!


It's made me think about the whole notion of what people know about you, about privacy i guess. One of the things I love about our little back garden is that it feels like a private oasis in the middle of the city. And even though our terrace house is next to an ugly block of flats, we have a big gum tree and another tree that I don't know the name of and an avocado tree that mostly blocks their window view into out garden. The problem is the gum tree is dying, and the other tree is a weed that is taking all the gums water. So the weed probably needs to go in order to give the gum a chance, but the gum might not make it either and then is it better to have a non native and still have a tree or should we give the gum a chance with the possibilty of having to start all over again. And because the yards so tiny the trees block an awful lot of sun that would help our veggies grow. My wonderful is all in favour of getting rid of the weed and getting some more sun into the garden. But for me half the beauty of the garden is the privacy. Why is that? Why is it that I'm all in favour of getting involved with the community and talking to the neighbours technically but I don't want to feel like I can be seen when I'm weeding/hanging out my undies to dry? I think if I were to be honest I like the idea of getting to know my community more than I like actually having to do it. That's not really a commendable trait. I should try fix that. I'll let you know how I go...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR BLOG! I LOVE YOUR BLOG! I LOVE YOUR BLOG! I LOVE YOUR BLOG! I LOVE YOUR BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Jeez! Thanks Kenna! How did you find it?! It's so new!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love receiving comments! *s*